Cafaggio was once founded in Panzano by the Benedictan friars of Siena in the medieval era of 1408, cultivating grapevines and olives. The Farkas family during the 70’s completely renovated the grounds of the country home, equipping the already endowed earth with the most advanced production facilities. Cafaggio covers approximately 60 hectares, of which 30 are cultivated as specialised vineyards and about 10 as olive groves. The remaining area is woodland. Situated in an area recognised as the finest zone for producing Chianti Classico.