The Monastery of Santa Maria al Prato in Radda in Chianti (SI)
It’s the perfect place to attend an intensive or basic wine education course, to experience a sensorial journey in our permanent exhibition, or to enjoy a candlelight dinner in the ancient cloister, surrounded by a charming and timeless atmosphere. Casa Chianti Classico (or the House of Chianti Classico) has been converted from an old Franciscan monastery and it’s now home to meetings, conferences, events and it hosts a wine shop and a museum area.
The Casa Chianti Classico offers:
- – wine courses and cooking classes;
- – guided tastings of Chianti Classico wines;
- – lunches and dinners on reservation in the emotional spaces of the building: the ancient friars’ cellar, the wonderful cloister, the terrace overlooking the hills, the old refectory and the fireplace room;
- – special events arranged by the Chianti Classico Consortium;
- – a sensory journey to discover the main characteristics of the Gallo Nero wines.
The House of Chianti Classico is open to public from April to October, but also in the closing months it is available for private events and for booking tours reserved to groups of six people at least.